- GitHub is a free tool where you can share your code online and collaborate with others.
- You can create an account by clicking here.
- You can download GitHub here.
- Your repositories are stored in a folder named GitHub in your Documents folder, you can change this when creating a repository.
- When you make changes to code within the repository you must commit the changes.
- Each repository has a master branch, you can create multiple branches.
- When you have more than one branch you can create a Pull Request, others can contribute to this and create their own branches.
- Others can also download your code as a zip file or open it up in GitHub if they have GitHub installed.