- HTML: standard programming language for creating web pages, Hypertext Markup Language.
- <body> This is where everything you see in the browser is coded within.
- <head> This is used before the body element and gives information about your page.
- <title> is usually in the <head> and holds the name of the site that will be shown at the top of the browser window.
- You can look at other sites code by right clicking on the page and selecting view page source (chrome)
Breaking Down the Code:
Tells computer this is HTML code
Head tag, contains website information
<title> Welcome to My Website</title>
Title tag, will show title at top of browser window.
Everything you will see in the browser.
<h1>My name is Zach</h1>
Heading level 1 similar to Microsoft Word
<p> I like writing HTML Code. <br>
Paragraph, <br> means to enter to next line.
I also like developing websites in HTML. <br>
My favorite website is Reddit. </p>