- Your WordPress site will have the default WordPress Year Theme.
- Every year WordPress comes out with a yearly theme. For example “Twenty-sixteen”.
- You want to pick a theme that best fits your website.
- You must go under Appearances >> Themes >> Add New.
- You can then filter through themes depending on your needs.
- I recommend making sure your theme is Accessibility Ready.
- Once you see a theme you like you can do a install and then a live preview.
- You can edit the theme in the Live Preview and apply it to your website.
- I recommend downloading the Remove Footer Credit plugin from WordPress and make a custom footer.